TARGETING YOUR PERFECT HOME
- Tell me about the style you like, whether it’s a two-story, contemporary, ranch or something else.
- List your priorities in home features, such as a two- or three-car garage; gourmet kitchen; etc.
- Think about your lifestyle. Do you entertain a lot? Is yours the home where all the neighborhood kids gather? Do you hate yard work?
WHEN WE’VE IDENTIFIED A NEIGHBORHOOD
- Drive around. Value is enhanced by other well-maintained properties. Conversely, be cautious of areas with unkempt yards and homes, and businesses mixed in with residences.
- Ask about the property tax assessment, including any special assessments or pending bond issues.
- Pay attention to zoning. Good residential communities are zoned to keep out commercial and industrial users. Ask about other regulations, such as on-street parking. Find out if the area is governed by any covenants.
- Get an idea of the neighborhood’s character by talking with people who live there.
One afterthought. Every once in a while we may show you something that doesn’t seem to fit your list. After I’ve worked with you for awhile, you’ll see that my intuition and experiences helps and may lead me to show you something just a little bit different. You’d be surprised at how often that’s the home my clients buy.